Tuesday, July 17, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. This is a full day online class.
Don't panic. Just because we are holding this webinar, it doesn't mean RDA is actually here yet. RDA is still 'coming', maybe, probably, as far as we can tell, eventually. But enough of you have been asking for 'something about RDA' that we have decided that it is time to get you started. So, this is a start on learning about the basics (the 'rudiments') of RDA. In the course of the workshop, we intend to answer the following questions:
- What is RDA, who is responsible for it, and when might we implement it?
- Why do we need RDA, and how might it help the users of our OPACs? This section will also introduce you to four other very important initialisms/acronyms: FRBR, WEMI, FISO, and FRAD
- What is the RDA Toolkit, and how might it and other RDA inspired software enhancements make it simpler for us to describe and provide access to resources?
- What's really different about RDA?
- While we wait for RDA, what should we do with RDA MARC records that we copy, and what should we do to make those records work ok in our OPACs?
There are two components to this course. You should complete the free Part One webinars before starting this live online class (Part Two).
Part One: Prerequisite before taking Part Two. Click here to access two free, self paced webinars (approximately 45 minutes): http://www.marcofquality.com/trn/trnindex.html
Part Two: Meets Online Tuesday, July 17 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. You must participate in class all day to get credit.
Anticipated goal: At the conclusion of this workshop, you should understand the importance of RDA and how it will change the way we catalog, and the ways our catalogs work.
Virtual Trainer: Deborah Fritz, The MARC of Quality
- This is a Live Online class. You will be emailed access informatio
- Each participate must register and be logged in separately.
- See cancellation deadline policy at bottom. See all NEFLIN CE policies at http://www.neflin.org/cepolicies.
NEFLIN classes are free of charge to Florida Library Staff. Registration is required for all classes, and NEFLIN members get priority.
Cancellation deadline for this webinar is 9 am Friday, July 13. Otherwise, no show fees may apply. See cancellation deadline policy at bottom. See all NEFLIN CE policies at http://www.neflin.org/cepolicies.
NEFLIN Members: Register below. See the NEFLIN Membership List.
Nonmembers: Florida Library Staff who are not NEFLIN members may register online beginning two weeks prior to the class start date, or they can submit a Nonmember Waitlist Form before the two week point. Out of state library staff should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for fees and registration procedures.