WELCOME TO ENHANCING PERINATAL CARE FOR LGBTQ PATIENTS!
REGISTRATION CLOSED ON APRIL 25 for the first-ever multidisciplinary symposium on enhancing the quality of perinatal care for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) patients and families. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept new registrations onsite.
The Symposium will open for continental breakfast and check-in at 8am on Saturday, April 28, with presentations, breakouts, and lunch (provided) from 9am to 4pm. (See topics and speakers below.)
Nursing CEUs will be available (total TBA) at no additional charge via BRN # CEP12980. BBS CE credit is also available at no extra charge. To receive credit, be sure to provide your nursing or social work license number when registering here.
PLEASE NOTE: Attendees must register by April 25--no onsite registration will be available. All registrations are nonrefundable.
Topics to be presented and discussed in breakouts include:
- How can you provide the best possible health care to LGBTQ antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum patients?
- What unique health issues and opportunities do LGBTQ perinatal patients bring to your practice?
- How can you provide the best evidence-based care to LGBTQ families?
- How can your practice attract, welcome, and retain LGBTQ perinatal patients?
- How can you advance and add to the fast-growing body of knowledge and research around LGBTQ perinatal health?
Conference speakers include:
- Patricia Robertson, MD: UCSF professor & perinatologist, co-editor of Lesbian Health 101
- Sara Flores, CNM, WHNP: founder of ReCLAIM Healers Collective, co-author of Freeing Ourselves: A Guide to Health & Self-Love for Brown Bois
- Rebecca Goldfader, MSN, NP: ob/gyn & breast health specialist at Kaiser Permanente San Francisco
- Carol Miller, MD: UCSF professor of pediatrics & medical director of the UCSF Newborn Nursery
- Judy Appel: Executive Director, Our Family Coalition
- Shane Snowdon: Director, UCSF Center for LGBT Health & Equity
Conference sponsors include:
UCSF Medical Center
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital
UCSF Center for LGBT Health & Equity
UCSF Center for Excellence in Transgender Health
Brown Boi Project
ReCLAIM Healers Collective
Sacred Birth Place
Questions? Email email@example.com