This workshop presents a “real-world” approach and strategy to developing a practical, workable library security program. The intended audience is all types of libraries.
We are all well aware of the problems front-line library staff experience on a daily basis. Learn techniques for handling difficult situations and patrons from a library security expert. Discover what works and what simply does not.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Define ten maxims of security - no matter the size of your library
- Apply elements of a real-world library security program to your facility
- Recognize and properly respond to different levels of patron emotion
- Inform patrons of rules in a way that will best ensure compliance
- Document your security and safety matters
Trainer: Warren Graham, Warren Graham Training & Consulting
NEFLIN classes are free of charge to Florida Library Staff. Registration is required for all classes, and NEFLIN members get priority.
Cancellation deadline for this workshop is 9:00 am Tuesday, May 29.
Otherwise, no show fees may apply. See cancellation deadline policy at bottom. See all NEFLIN CE policies at http://www.neflin.org/cepolicies.
NEFLIN Members: Register below. See the NEFLIN Membership List.
Not a NEFLIN Member? Florida Library Staff who are not NEFLIN members may register online beginning two weeks prior to the class start date, or they can submit a Nonmember Waitlist Form before the two week point. Out of state library staff should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for fees and registration procedures.