Duration: 2 days (16 Hours)
This course is designed for managers, immediate supervisors of authorized rescuers or individuals working at height and is for the supervision, implementation and monitoring of a managed fall protection rescue program.
Overview: This is a pass/fail program, incorporates extensive class room and hands-on training and incorporates both written and practical examinations that are based on the requirements of the US OSHA Regulations, ANSI standard and CSA. This course will involve a high degree of hands on scenarios and will require workers to actively participate in rescue operations.
Students attending this course will expand their knowledge and ability on how to utilize pre-engineered rescue equipment and rescue techniques for safe and efficient rescues. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will receive a certificate acknowledging they have met or exceeded OSHA, ANSI and CSA requirements as a Competent Rescuer.
- Fall hazard elimination and controls methods
- Applicable fall protection and rescue regulations
- Assessment of fall hazards to determine rescue method
- The responsibilities of Competent Industrial Rescuers
- Detailed inspection and recording of rescue equipment components and systems
- Rescue system assessments and determining when a system is unsafe
- Development of written fall protection rescue procedures
- Industrial rescue techniques specific to the elements within the “Hierarchy of a Rescue”